Each school year is like a life unto itself, with an exciting beginning, meaningful middle, and bittersweet ending, and ready or not, the end of the school year is just around the corner! These next few weeks are going to fly by, and if you’re not careful, you might miss some of the good things that are in store for our students and families. Parents are encouraged to consider taking time off from work on Friday, June 14th to celebrate our last day together, which includes closing classroom celebrations, mission awards ceremony, and our school-wide Summer Send Off block party. Over the years parents have commented that this day is a special one for the whole family and provides a lovely way to say farewell to teachers and friends we might not see over the summer, so please plan accordingly.
Be sure to mark your calendar for these special events, too!Wednesday, May 29
• Arts Celebration: Parents, guests and students are invited to this event this evening, where student artwork is displayed and students in Grades K-4 perform dance or musical pieces. The Arts Celebration takes place in the church at 6:00pm. For more information, email Nicole Kemp: email@example.comFriday, June 7
• Third Annual Swing Fore the Schools Golf Outing: All parents and friends are invited to join in this school fundraiser golf outing, which is held at the Wild Turkey & Crystal Springs Golf Courses in Hardyston, New Jersey. Come support this collaborative event, serving over 1,400 students from area schools: Elysian Charter, HOLA Charter, Mustard Seed, Stevens Cooperative, Hoboken Charter, and of course, All Saints! Last year, the golf outing raised over $60,000 for all schools, with All Saints receiving a proportionate share. For information on participating as either a golfer or a sponsor, go to http://www.swingforetheschools2013.com/
. For more information, email Kathy Vergel, Development Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.Thursday, June 13
• Closing Classroom Ceremonies for Nursery and Pre-K Classes, times as per teacher-created schedule. For more information, contact Nicole Berhaupt: email@example.com.
• Graduation: All are encouraged to attend this ceremony for students who have completed their Eighth Grade year. Eighth Grade parents provide refreshments for a reception immediately following the event. The Graduation will take place in the church at 6:30pm. For more information, email Robyn Clanton: firstname.lastname@example.org.Friday, June 14 – Last Day of School
• End-of-Year Closing Classroom Ceremonies: Parents of students in K-8 are encouraged to attend classroom ceremonies in which all students will be acknowledged for their many contributions to class life throughout the year. Contact your child’s teacher for exact times.
• Mission Awards Ceremony: This closing assembly will honor a number of students whose achievements captured the attention of faculty and staff. Awards will be granted in a number of categories, including art, music, dance, drama, academics, service, and other mission-related qualities. The assembly takes place in the church at 12:00pm. For more information, contact Nicole Kemp: email@example.com.
• Summer Send Off: This school-wide block party is open to all students, parents and caregivers. This exciting event features magic, face painting, a bounce house, carnival games, dunk tank, food and more! This year’s event includes a special “Middle School Hangout” featuring ping pong, video games, karaoke, and more that will take place in the church. Please note that students in Nursery through Grade 4 must be chaperoned for this event. The celebration takes place on Seventh Street between Washington and Hudson Streets from 12:30-2:30pm. For more information, contact Stephanie Karian: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Note: This is not a complete list of activities; be sure to check with your child’s teacher for grade-specific events and read the Mid-Week Memo for information about additional events and activities.
Thoughts? Questions? Comments? I’d love to hear them! Email me: email@example.com.